Walking your dog is a great way to bond, enjoy the outdoors, and get some good exercise. But what if you could also be actively donating to your favorite animal shelter or rescue while you’re jogging around the block? By downloading this revolutionary dog-powered app, you could be saving a life every time you walk out your front door!
Don’t just take your dog for a walk…
Every Walk for a Dog counts, whether it’s a walk around the block or a three-mile hike. Magnify your impact by sharing the app with your friends and family. Consider making a personal gift to the shelter or rescue you are walking for—right through the app. The more people actively walking with the app, the greater the benefit to your selected animal organization! There’s no cost to you (it’s a free download), and you get to choose which rescue your money goes to, so you can make sure it’s a local one.
How does it work?
- Start the app before you go on a walk.
- The app tracks your speed, your mileage, and your route.
- For every mile you walk, money gets donated to your rescue of choice.
- The more people actively walking with the app, the greater the benefit to your selected animal organization.
- The best part is, you don’t need a dog of your own to participate! You can choose the “Walk for Cassie” option after enrolling in the app for the first time. Or, create your dream dog as a walking companion by going to the Setup tab and adding a dog.
FAQs from the Site:
How do donations work?
Funds from each donation period are divided among shelters and rescues based on the number of people who are actively walking for each organization as seen on the Impact tab of the app. The more active walkers per donation period, the more (and more often!) that organization receives donations. Our donations are funded by sponsorships and advertising, so the more people actively walking, the more money we can raise (from interested sponsors and advertisers), and the more we are therefore able to donate!
What is an “active walker?”
An active walker is anyone who uses the app an average of at least once a week. So to remain an active walker for your selected organization, please use the app once a week (at the very least)!
How can I increase the amount donated to my selected organization?
The more people actively walking with the app, the greater the benefit to your selected animal organization! Here are some ways you can magnify your impact:
- Spread the word! Tell your friends about Walk for a Dog, and share the app on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Consider making a personal gift directly to your selected shelter or rescue through the app, using the Make a Gift feature on the Impact tab.
- Encourage your shelter or rescue to participate in our Shoes for Shelters shoe drives.
- Shelters and rescues can use our marketing materials to tell their supporters about Walk for a Dog.